Saturday, August 24, 2024

What Makes a Happy Heart?


 

Looking at the little wooden figurine shown in this post keeps me wondering.

What, exactly, makes a happy heart?

Each person is different so answers will be different, too.

However, it's a good question to ponder.

Here's a little list of some things that make my heart happy:

1) Gratitude for big and even the tiniest of things

2) Love from family members and friends including adult children 

    and their spouses

3) Grandchildren, near and far

 4)Flowers....any kind, color, and design. 

5) Candles, especially scented ones

6) Writing

7) Praying

8) Ice cream

9) Music

10) Beautiful things around the home

11) Thrift store, yard, and estate sale shopping

12) Cell phone and computer

13) Ability to see, hear, feel, touch, taste, and walk

There!  There's a baker's dozen.

COULD YOU SHARE SOME OF THE THINGS YOU THINK MAKE A HAPPY HEART? Please?




3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

So many of these things make me happy too, Susan. I especially can relate to love from family members and grandchildren, candles, and having all of my senses. I also love Prayer, and when saying the Rosary, it makes my heart peaceful.

Oh, and good food makes me happy! And Coffee and Chocolate!
And shopping. And seeing deer out my window. I'll add those. : )

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

I guess the one thing that makes me most happy is good health. When I hear of all the things some of my family and friend are facing I feel really lucky and happy I'm doing ok in my old age. I love music and eating sunshine and swimming and talking with my family and going to concerts and things like that. Here's hoping YOU have a happy Saturday.

Sandi said...

Your list is good!

I would like to add the stars in the sky. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails