Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Out with Summer, In with Autumn

  


Yesterday I acquiesced and unhooked the summer wreath from the apartment's front door.

Opening a clean, white, plastic trash bag, out came the fall leaf wreath to take its place.


 

The only sign of summer ending so far is the temperature of the air. 

It's cooler now (thank heavens.)

I still want summer flowers and sun-lit evenings, rides for ice cream, and looking for humming birds at the feeder.

All of those will end sooner than later.

We must be content with what we have, right?  

It's foolhardiness to try and make seasons last when it's time for them to come to an end.

 So, welcome autumn, come with all your intense colors and beauty.

However, I'm still wearing a summer top today because temps will warm up by noon time.

WHAT IS YOUR ABSOLUTE FAVORITE SEASON?

6 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

It's always fun to put our Fall goodies out, and I love your wreath, Susan. I tend to rush through summer, but I think it's because Fall is such a cozy and wonderful season, isn't it? Your Fall colors in Massachusetts are beautiful, and I'm looking forward to seeing it this season, along with the Fall goodies around your home.

Have a sweet day, Susan.

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

Pretty fall wreath and I like the plant near your door too. I love fall the best in New England. We really don't have much of a one here in So Cal. This week it's over 100 degrees for a few days. Yuk.

Shug said...

The need was here, so I actually purchased a new Fall wreath today. I normally do the same as far as packing my wreaths in plastic bags. You have a very pretty fall wreath and it looks new. Just think about all the Fall flavors of ice cream...hopefully you can enjoy these flavors until it gets too cold....or does it ever get too cold for ice cream?

Debbie Nolan said...

I think your wreath is lovely. There is something cozy about fall. Summer is hard to let go but the coming season has such beauty too. Hope your September is wonderful friend. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I changed my door wreath yesterday, too. I love your fall wreath.

Gloria said...

Hands down, Autumn is my favorite time of year. This year however, it will be October before I begin to decorate as we are in the midst of preparing for a big trip the second half of the month. Your wreath is lovely. Happy September!

Related Posts with Thumbnails