Wednesday, October 2, 2024

A Lunch to Remember

While on vacations, having special meals in restaurants are often part of the itinerary. 

Recently, while on a special out-of-town birthday overnight, planned by my daughter, we had a very special lunch with my niece and her fiance.

My niece found and selected restaurant, The Black Whale, located in New Bedford, in eastern Massachusetts, right near the ocean.

My own hankering to have a lobster roll (shown at the top of this post), was one of the factors in selecting The Black Whale. 

While pricey, all the meals ordered turned out to be quite delicious. 

Mussels came as an appetizer but since their consistency is unappealing to me, the other diners enjoyed them. 

Pumpkin beer made a nice beverage to have at the luncheon.

Salad and coleslaw came with the lobster roll.

Below are a couple of ships that were part of the view outside the restaurant's front window.


My lunch companions all ordered different entrees, drinks, and desserts. 

The lunch at The Black Whale definitely made some awesome memories.

WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO ORDER WHEN YOU GO OUT TO A SPECIAL LUNCH OR DINNER?

1 comment:

Diane Stetson said...

I love prime rib or a one and a half pound lobster. The third thing I live are scallops. I would have loved that lobster roll.

Related Posts with Thumbnails