Sometimes it takes many years to learn important life lessons.
One of those has been learning that when one is grateful for all that has been given, happiness prevails.
It's easy to get into the "I wants" and "Please give me" thoughts.
Certainly, the Lord has heard my own voice call out countless times with requests.
It took many decades of life to finally come to the realization that before making the requests to the Lord for more, it's imperative to say thanks for all He's already given.
Every new day of life, every breath into the lungs, seeing the sun, hearing the birds, smelling the flowers and on and on are all things for which to be exceedingly grateful.
So the lesson learned is this-----Want to be happy? Then be grateful! They go together so perfectly.


2 comments:
Oh I agree with you. Thanking God for the many blessings HE gives me is a priority in my life. Happy Sunday
I read one time that the happiest people are the most grateful people. I believe that is true, Susan. And saying "thank you" throughout the day for all the little and big blessings is important. Lovely words today, Susan. And I wanted to come by and say Happy September! Fall is on its way, and that is a good thing!
Post a Comment