Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Catch-Up Week

These days between Christmas and New Years are precious.



They provide a nice pause between holidays.

Like the empty plate at the top of this post, the new year ahead is clean and empty.

It is up to us to make the most of each day, each moment.

It's exciting.



In a few more days, all the happy, decorative clutter of Christmas will be cleared and packed away.

While I love the holidays with all my heart, I also love the cleaning, organizing and getting everything neat again.

A nasty head cold hit me right after Christmas so it has been necessary to spend extra time on the couch. No choice.

Today, I wish you peaceful moments and time to think of the year ahead and all you'd like to see happen in your life.

WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO DURING THIS "IN BETWEEN" WEEK?


6 comments:

Bookie said...

Hope you feel better soon...find some energy. Today I am putting the biggest of Christmas away. I want a clean start on New Years. I am leaving out some poinsettias, snowmen, and a dash of red here and there. But dining is reverting to blue and white which is a little cold and icy looking but then that is what January is! In a few weeks some yellow and pink tea pots and plates begin to appear will look dazzling!

diane.stetson said...

Relaxing is my choice for this week after mounds of company during the Christmas holidays...also some cleaning up to do but that I will do very leisurely. Going to a movie with a friend is also on the agenda.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I'm making my plans for the first. No resolutions. Just new habits I want to form and things I want to do. Hope you are feeling much better. Happy almost new year!

Chatty Crone said...

Everyday is a clean plate isn't it? I hope you feel better. This week I am just getting the house back in order. I made a lot of food for the week today!

Barbara Neubeck said...

... sorry you have been feeling unwell, Susan.......
I like to put the Christmas decorations away and bring out the things that are normally on display...
This week between Christmas and New Year is a 'Take a Deep Breath' time for me. I like to look back and see how I could have made things better and 'resolve' to try harder in the coming year..
Your posts are always a highlight for me....
Happy 2016 To you and your family, Susan....
Hugs... Barb xxx

Red Rose Alley said...

What a nice post, Susan, talking about the new year being a fresh start. Yes, these days between Christmas and New Years are nice - I had never thought about it before, but they really are.

Wishing you much peace in the new year. Your posts add lovely light to my days, and I appreciate you more than you know.

love, ~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails