Wednesday, December 30, 2015

When Friends Become Angels........


One of the most difficult aspects of growing older is losing dear and loving friends.  

It is so hard to let go, to say goodbye, even when one knows the person is among the angels in the other realm of life.

This year, I lost one of my lifelong friends, Dolores.  We had known each other more than 50 years.

 Then, another dear friend, Pat, lost her beloved husband of more than 40 years. My heart continues to break for her.

Just the other day, I remarked to my husband how I had not heard from Jo, yet another very dear friend in Arizona. 

She had not, for the first time ever, sent a Christmas card.


Yesterday, her daughter sent notice that my beloved Jo died of a heart attack in November. 


My heart is soooooo sad. 

I think back on all the happy times we had....all the laughter we shared.

Both Dolores and Jo were encouragers, lovers of children and, therefore, strong child advocates,  women of integrity who also had great love for the Lord.

Both were compassionate, decent and givers, rather than takers. They thought more of others than they did of themselves.

The memories I have of both of them are now golden.  

They will sustain me until I can get the big bear hugs one day in the other realm of life.



HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH THE DEATH OF A DEAR, SWEET AND LOVING FRIEND?

13 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

Susan, how well I know and understand your pain. My heart goes out to you.

Chatty Crone said...

I am so sorry for all the deaths of your friends. That was a lot. I don't know how you really deal with it other then feeling the pain and grieving. I do know that being a Christian and knowing they are Christian gives us some peace. However, losing a loved one is hard. I am so sorry.

Terra said...

Hard times truly for you to lose two longtime friends. Maybe donating to a group they liked would help you. Hugs from me in California.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

There's been so much loss this year for so many people. It used to be something we just heard about, but as we get older, it hits closer to home. So sorry to hear about your friend, Jo. Very sad when you wonder where she is and find out she's gone. It's never easy. Hugs and blessings, Tammy

Cranberry Morning said...

It is so hard to lose a loved one. I am so sorry about your friends, including Jo. But, we do have hope, and someday there will be a great resurrection, when we whose trust is in Jesus will have not just spirits floating out in space, but real live bodies, as Jesus did in His resurrection, with even greater abilities. Ours is a blessed HOPE. Have a wonderful New Year, Susan.

Merlesworld said...

Often it's very hard but we have no choice, life is a ride and when it's time to get off we must but it still hurts the ones left behind.
Merle................

diane.stetson said...

So sorry for your loss

agatek said...

Happy New Year :)

Nellie said...

Oh, Susan! My heart aches for you at the loss of longtime friends. Nothing can prepare us for these moments. Thankfully you have some wonderful memories that will sustain you.

Hugs,
Nellie

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

So sorry for your loses. Hope you find comfort in your special memories.

Denise said...

Oh Susan I'm so sorry.Such wonderful friends.

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, I'm so sorry to hear about your dear friends. They sound like wonderful women. It's hard to lose someone that we love. They will be in our hearts forever.

Sending comfort and love,
~Sheri

Rebecca said...

No answers to that last question....
Eternity takes on new significance each time I'm faced with its reality. Increasingly it's becoming apparent to me that this life on planet earth is NOT all there is! I pay more attention to things that are eternal as I am faced with the realities of death - and LIFE!

Related Posts with Thumbnails