Monday, March 21, 2016

Easter Egg Bush




Many, many years ago, I saw an Easter egg tree in front of a house.

The dozens of brightly colored plastic eggs looked so beautiful that right then and there, a tradition began.


Yard and estate sales usually have holiday decorations so I began the hunt for colored Easter eggs. 

You cannot imagine how many I found and available for pennies!

Thus began decorating outside at Easter time with the bright eggs.



The tradition continued when we lived in Arizona and continues to this day in Massachusetts.

This year guests who came to visit helped put the eggs on the big bush outside our house.

Boy, was I ever happy I didn't have to do it alone again.


A little sweet doll who visits here also assisted, to her delight, in adding eggs. 

Even Peter Cottontail would crack a smile when hopping by this yard!

HAVE YOU EVER DECORATED A TREE WITH COLORED EASTER EGGS?

11 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

No, but I want to - how did you get the strings on there?

Red Rose Alley said...

I remember your Easter egg tree from a year ago, Susan. It is so delightful, and the neighbors must smile when they pass by, especially the kids.

So glad you had help putting all the eggs on there.

~Sheri

Sandi said...

There is a house near here that does this. I never knew it was a thing!

diane.stetson said...

I've seen your tree in Arizona and now pictures of it in Massachusetts. I'm sure the neighbors have to look twice when going past your house. Enjoy!

agatek said...

wow! fantastic :)

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, I got your gift in the mail yesterday. Thank you, my dear friend. You gave me that little girl bunny that I thought was so cute on your recent post! She is so tiny and makes me smile. :) And I liked the mint green chick and vintage card. My sister first introduced me to vintage cards many years ago, and ever since then I was hooked. I just love surprises in the mail, and I appreciate you thinking of me and sending these goodies.

Have a beautiful day.

love, ~me

Linda O'Connell said...

Susan, I can imagine the squeals of delight when your grandbabies see this. You are so young at heart and creative.

Barbara Neubeck said...

.. hello Susan... your Easter Egg tree is gorgeous...
Holy Week is such a special week full of sorrow and promise.. xxx
Have a wonderful Easter..
Hugs... Barb xxx

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Those pretty eggs sure do shout happy Easter! Maybe you will have some helpers when it is time to take them off again. :)

Lady Linda said...

LOVE your tree. I have a small egg tree inside my house, but this would be so fun.

kwakenburgwales said...

I have the same tradition, but my collection is rather smaller than yours. I used to decorate some branches from three big plum-trees above my garden table.I like Your photo very much! Yave a nice Easter!

Related Posts with Thumbnails