Friday, August 10, 2018

Rooms in the House of the Seven Gables in Salem, Massachusetts


A tour through the House of the Seven Gables in Salem, Massachusetts, fascinates and educates visitors.

Below is a replica of what the house looks like: 


Furniture is attractive.

Everything is functional.


One can imagine what it must have been like to live in those times.

The wallpaper shown below is quite ornate:




We enjoyed the stories about the house, such as how entire sections  were added and removed, during its day.




It's quite a huge residence, as so many homes were in that era.

Love the paned windows.


WHAT, IF ANYTHING, DO YOU KNOW ABOUT NATHANIAL HAWTHORNE?

3 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I remember reading about him and now it has left my mind. I do know he wrote the Scarlet Letter. Really kind of sad and showed the times.

So was everyone's house that ornate - were people rich - like did they all have nice houses - or was he just rich??

sandie

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

Nothing, to be honest with you. The rooms remind me of Dr. Quinn's episodes :)

diane stetson said...

Had to read his books in High School. I loved his writing. I have been to his house before too. I would NOT have wanted to live in those times...I like all the modern furniture and conveniences too much. Nice pictures Susan.

Related Posts with Thumbnails