Wednesday, September 5, 2018

A Sweet Find


There is a place nearby that serves the most luscious and creative sandwiches.

When I go to a place like that, it's fun to come home and try to duplicate the faves.

I did that with a turkey sandwich.

 My version consists of the best quality turkey slices the supermarket deli has, as well as top quality Havarti cheese with dill (delicious), a piece of bacon, bread, and fig preserve.

The latter sends the sandwich over the moon.  

I mean, who puts fig preserves on a turkey sandwich? Try it. It is fabulous.

This past weekend, while in HomeGoods, I bought some fig preserve from Scotland and the concoction turned out to be the best ever.  SO YUMMY.

Anyway, in the restaurant, this sandwich is served on cherry pecan bread but even on regular, plain ol' wheat bread, it's delish.

DO YOU LIKE TO TRY NEW FOODS?

3 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

You know I might go to Home Goods today and pick up some - looks really good. Love, sandie

diane stetson said...

I am not a fan of cheese or figs but I'd like the turkey and bacon part. My new sandwich was peach preserves with peanut butter the other day. Even though I hardly ever eat peanut butter that tasted good.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your turkey sandwich on a cherry pecan bread sounds Yummy, Susan. It's funny that you mention the fig preserve because I've been craving figs lately. Maybe cause Fall is coming. It sounds like you enjoyed the fig preserve from Scotland....what a nice goodie to take home while shopping at HomeGoods.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails