Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Monkey See, Monkey Do


A very dear friend of mine once bought a big (and I mean big) stuffed monkey, with a big heart on his foot, after Valentine's Day.



She planned to use it later in the year for her Halloween party.


Well, after Halloween, she was going to bid the monkey goodbye and get it out of her house because ol' monk took up a lot of space.


She asked me if I'd like the monkey and I said "yes" so she left him on a chair on our front porch.  (Wonder what the neighbors thought. ha ha ha).



It just so happens that one of the twins whose birthday party we talked about the other day loves monkeys.


On the day of the party, I hauled the big fella out to the car. He was a dandy driving companion and made a lot of other drivers and passengers smile.



When we drove up in front of the house where the party was, the little guests and their sibling started jumping up and down with delight when they saw the monkey.


They made a rousing welcoming committee.

So far, the parents in the house have not thrown out the monkey (or me, for bringing him.)


He's a beloved new sib and takes turns sleeping in different beds at night.

That is the tale of the great big monkey.

WHAT IS ONE THING, IF ANYTHING, YOU LIKE ABOUT MONKEYS?

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness that is such a cute sweet story.

I hope she lets them keep it.

Well I like that monkey because he seems lovable and soft!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That is the cutest story and such a cute monkey!

Linda O'Connell said...

I can imagine the looks you got with your passenger. I love monkeys, stuffed and real. When I was little girl, I wanted one. That big guy will make happy memories for a lifetime.

diane stetson said...


cute monkey and I'm sure the twins loved him. I had a stuffed monkey for my own children which I still have . Curious George....after the tv show. He is still in my family room on a shelf.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a cute monkey, Susan. So nice of you to bring him to the party. He has a new home now.

~Sheri

*your car looks exactly like mine. : )

Merlesworld said...

They are full of life and funny.
Merle.............

Related Posts with Thumbnails