Friday, November 16, 2018

Ways to Make a Cozy Home


Fall decor will have to be taken down and pronto.

We had a pretty big snowstorm and there is snow accumulation of at least four inches.

Pretty soon the leaves around the outside lantern will be repaced with Christmas decor.

It's delightful turning on the lantern light on dark and dreary days. It is like a sign of welcome.

Inside, a pumpkin/cinnamon candle burns and fills the front hall with a most delicious fragrance.

Lights are switched on in the kitchen, on the counter and overhead.  Lots of light makes a person feel happier.

Pretty pink carnations sit in a round crystal vase on the kitchen table. 

A crackling fireplace, warm throws, and a cup of hot chocolate chase away the dark day blues.

Little touches make a big difference.


HOW DO YOU MAKE YOUR HOME COZY?

7 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I do think lights and the lighting are wonderful ways to make your home soft and sweet, I have those candles that are run on batteries everywhere. Love them. sandie

Linda O'Connell said...

You are so right, Susan. Sometimes it IS the small things that make a house a cozy home. I bought myself a new mug yesterday. Hot Chocolate season is upon us.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Lights are a big thing for me at this time of year. Hubby isn't keen on real candles burning around the house, and so to keep things comfy for everyone, I focus on stringing twinkle lights and LED candles everywhere. I have a lamp that sits in the front window and I've been turning it on at dusk for a few weeks now. It is sooo cozy. I love to see it when I come home from somewhere and it's beaming out a warm welcome.

I start putting out little wintery themed things out now as the snow flies outside and save the actual Christmasy themed décor until December 1st.

We're going to make our fruitcake this weekend. So I've been gathering the ingredients on the kitchen counter... glazed cherries and peel and candied pineapple, nuts, vanilla, almond essence … flour and eggs and butter will come out when we actually begin.

I wish you a beautiful weekend in your cozy home.
Brenda xox




diane stetson said...

Well I do not use candles as bright sunshine shines through my sliding glass doors and all windows so my house is very bright. I also have skylight in the ceiling of my living room that makes it nice and bright. No snow here either but your things sound lovely to help keep you happy and have a welcoming home.

Merlesworld said...

Our winters are milder than yours and our summers hotter so sometimes all we have to do is open all the windows and let the fresh air do it's thing.
Merle........

TARYTERRE said...

sounds comfy cozy.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, your lantern outside is so charming, and Yes, cozy! I always love seeing pictures of your home, Susan, as it's welcoming and filled with lots of pretty treasures, old and new. You're right, little touches do make a difference. : )

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails