Monday, December 3, 2018

Fireplace Mantel in Gold Tone


This year, the fireplace mantel, for the holidays, is festive with gold-tone angels and deer as well as a prelit green garland.

The best part of this new arrangement is that it cost very, very little.

The lighted garland came from the home of one of my sisters who downsized. She seened happy to give it to me.


The small angels were a recent purchase at a Goodwill store for the eye-popping price of $1.49 each.

The big darling paper mache angels came from a yard sale a few years ago at 25 cents each!

The brass and paper mache deer also cost very little. The brass ones came from a yard sale and the littler ones from a dollar store.


The "new" mantel scarf with fancy triangular hem was a $2.50 purchase at the church yard sale last fall. I even hesitated but, ultimately,  couldn't resist buying it.  It is reversible, too.

WHAT FOUND TREASURES ARE YOU USING IN YOUR HOME OR APARTMENT THIS YEAR?

6 comments:

diane stetson said...

I don't have a mantel on my fireplace but yours looks gorgeous. So happy you got such bargains....

Chatty Crone said...

Susan, I love those decorations on your mantel - I think you got such a great deal! I have my mother's beautiful items out.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

It certainly looks like an expensive arrangement. Looks great on your mantel. Happy December!

Rebecca said...

Very pretty, Susan!

Linda O'Connell said...

Susan, your decorations look expensive and festive. Lovely!

Red Rose Alley said...

Your mantel looks lovely, with all the gold touches, Susan. You know, I always have silver at Christmas, but gold is so elegant and pretty. Wow, you found some good deals on all your décor. The angels are precious, and I like the deer also. Nel has a gold sparkly deer that she puts out every year. She has not parted with it and has had it for years. I think the greenery adds a nice touch on your mantel.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails