Monday, December 10, 2018

Snowman with a Message


Many years ago, a very special, handcrafted Christmas present was given to me.


It was a wooden snowman who was positively charming.

He had a red and white checked bow around his neck and a big red nose and warm crooked little smile.

 Even his little cheeks were blushed with pink.


The gift was from one of my four sisters and her beloved husband, who since has died wayyyyyy to soon in life of pancreatic cancer.  He never even had a chance to retire.

The snowman had a delightful message for the world and it still holds.

The past couple of years he was not used to decorate at Christmas time because seeing him made me sad to contemplate the loss of my beloved BIL.


But this year, snowman and his powerful message came down from the attic to add a bit of wisdom to the world, situated near the kitchen Christmas tree.

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION OF THE SNOWMAN'S  RECIPE?


4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I like that recipe and I like it. I think you needed time to grieve - and I am glad you took it.

diane stetson said...

Love the snowman's message. I hope we all could follow it especially at this time of year and during the entire year.

Merlesworld said...

He is a delight.
MERLE........

Red Rose Alley said...

This is a cute snowman - the smile, the message, and the fact that your sister gave it to you. I think it's nice to have things around the house that remind of the ones we loved and are not with us any more. Your snowman looks just right in your kitchen, Susan.

love, ~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails