Wednesday, May 8, 2019

This Little Light of MIne...

                                                                (Looking down on the lamp from above.)

Have you ever noticed that some items you selected for your home, many years ago, you still love with a passion?




There are just a few things like that in our house.

One is a small pink and transparent glass lamp.


It's Victorian-looking and since anything from that era is very loved around here, it's no wonder the lamp is a fave.

It's as pretty as a picture with transparent baubles and is patterned  on its top. It leaves pretty designs on the nearby wall of wherever it is placed.


It has been moved from an obscure corner of the living room to a corner where it will be more visible.


It was purchased years ago at a Cracker Barrel gift shop. 


I have never regretted that purchase and have come to love the sweet little lamp.

WHAT IS ONE ITEM IN YOUR HOME YOU HAVE HAD AROUND FOREVER?


4 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

That is the prettiest lamp, Susan. It's so unique with a lot of details. It DOES look Victorian, and I used to have many things in my house that were Victorian. Your lamp looks charming next to the window. The Pink glass is perfect for you.

~Sheri

*to answer your question, the one item in my home I've had around for years is my china hutch. I love to display pretty tea cups and treasures in there. I've also had a few items for nearly forty years I can't part with. : )

diane stetson said...

Very pretty lamp.I have a pink and green tiffany lamp that I've had in my bedroom for years. Thought it didn't work anymore and when my sister was here she turned it on somehow . I was shocked....I love it and now whatever she did to it works..ha ha.

Chatty Crone said...

That is a wonderful lamp - I love the items at Cracker Barrel - I have not bought like that - but little things. Their clothes are nice too!

SImple and Serene Living said...

Love your little lamp. It is those wonderful things that we have had for years that make our homes feel special. xo Laura

Related Posts with Thumbnails