Saturday, September 28, 2019

Ghostly Cupcakes



During a visit by my favorite six-year-old, the subject of baking came up.

She immediately handed me one of my old magazines that highlighted Halloween-themed cupcakes.


The "ghostie" ones appealed to her and she wanted to make them "now."

I explained how it's way too early for Halloween but it didn't seem to phase her.


Luckily, we had all the ingredients needed.

So, first we made the chocolate cupcakes, then the homemade butter/ cream cheese frosting.

We split the frosting so part of it could remain white and part had chocolate added to it.


The little visitor did almost all of the work, including icing the marshmallows and adding the chocolate chip eyes.


All said and done, the ghosties came out "ghoulish" or, rather "gorgeous."  (hee hee)

DO YOU EVER BAKE WITH YOUNGER BAKERS BY YOUR SIDE?

7 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I used to - many a times! I enjoyed seeing this- that was a lot of cupcakes!

Linda O'Connell said...

So cute and I am sure your cutie loved them.

diane stetson said...

Well we made lots of holiday treats with our preschoolers so the answer to your question is a resounding YES. I'm sure your precious grand daughter LOVED making those ghostly cupcakes.

Kit said...

Oh how cute!! My little ones loved to bake! Especially Christmas cookies. But one year I found this great cookie on Martha Stewart for Halloween which was a spider web and we had such fun making those. 🎃 Kit

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Good thing you were able to make her sweet little ghostly dream come true. HA-ha! They turned out so cute. I'm sure they were gobbled right up.

Prince said...

i l;ove your bloghs Play Bazaar here you r to help us knowedge great to many thing which i know visit us also Satta King

Red Rose Alley said...

These ghost cupcakes look so festive and Yummy. And what a special time you had with your little helper making them. How funny that she handed you an old magazine with the displayed cupcakes and went to work baking. : ) I haven't baked with the grandkids yet, but it's something I look forward to.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails