Thursday, December 26, 2019

After Holidays Breath of Relief...


After the Christmas holidays, there's reason to give a big sigh of relief.

Preparations, buying and then wrapping presents, Christmas carols, church services, decorating, partying, visiting, and too much food, wine, and eggnog, are all part of the holiday.


No wonder there is a little sigh of relief when it's all over. 

Enough is enough.

Looking around the house at all that has to be eventually packed away, there's still reason to smile.


Favorite decorations are still intact, evoking old mixed with new memories.



Me thinks it's time to take a mini-nap on the couch while looking at the Christmas tree.

HOW LONG DO YOU LEAVE DECORATIONS UP? DO YOU TAKE THEM DOWN RIGHT AFTER THE HOLIDAY OR LET THEM STAY UP A COUPLE OF WEEKS INTO JANUARY?

4 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I put out one Santa pillow in the living room and that was the extent of decorating this year. :/ Hopefully I'll do better next year. :) Happy holidays!

diane stetson said...

I did not do half of the things you did. Always wait till after New Year's to take stuff down and put it away.

Red Rose Alley said...

I take them down right away, Susan, as I want to start the new year with a clear mind. But I put them out as soon as I can so I can enjoy them the whole month of December. By the end of the year and thinking about the new year, it's time for me to start with a de-cluttered house. I know what you mean about too much food as well. ; )

~Sheri

Chatty Crone said...

I might take them down this weekend - what about you?

Related Posts with Thumbnails