Sunday, December 15, 2019

Angels Among Us


Are there angels among us?
 
Ask a dozen people that question and you'll probably get a dozen different answers.

Having been around for quite a few decades, I  would answer that question with a resounding "yes."


Something horrific may happen yet we come out of it unscathed.  Could it be we were just lucky?  Or was an angelic being protecting us from harm?  

My own daughter was a teenager when her car was hit by a drunk driver and propelled into a huge pole. We were called to the scene.  


The call was every parent's nightmare. We thought we had lost her as she was removed from the car with the jaws of life. My husband and I were held back by police from going to her unbelievably smashed car.

She survived that devastating crash and, with all my heart, I believe a guardian angel protected her from death that night. 

I always sent my children off with prayers for their protection and still do, although now I've added the grand kids, too.

Friends who have come into my life during dark and troubling times may also have been angels of sorts.  They touched my life in incredible ways with kindness and love.

The angel figure shown in today's post is one of my favorites.

She comes down from the attic every Christmas and makes me smile every time I look at her. 


DO YOU BELIEVE IN ANGELS?


4 comments:

diane stetson said...

I have a very similar angel that I keep out all year and I love it Susan. Yes I think we all have a guardian angel surrounding us.
Angel of God, my guardian dear
To whom His love commits me here
Ever this day be at my side
To light, to guard to love to guide.

Chatty Crone said...

Susan, angels are extremely biblical. So yes I do believe in angels. I am not sure how it all works, but I know they exist. I never knew of that story about your daughter - that was scary!

Linda O'Connell said...

I do believe in angels. your story about your daughter was terrifying to say the least. Hope you have a blessed day.

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, I was touched by your story, and so glad that your daughter was Ok in the accident. YES, I BELIEVE IN ANGELS. They are around us, even in our daily lives. I think you will like my accordion angel that is on my blog today. ; )

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails