Saturday, December 28, 2019

The Lingering Days of the Christmas Season


At our house, Christmas stretches right through New Year's Day.

At dusk, it is so joyful to switch on the white lights of a Christmas tree in the front yard and light up a Santa's floral arrangement on the front porch.


Inside, the gold, pink, and white Christmas tree and white mantle lights still illuminate everything in loveliness.

A little kitchen tree sends light in many different colors and another small tree with colored lights remains on the hall table.



White lights twinkle from the garland on the stairs going up to the second floor.

Extremely ornate gift boxes (wonderful yard sale finds last summer) still shine near the Christmas tree.


Wishes of "Merry Christmas" have now changed to "Happy New Year."

Indeed, that is my wish for whoever is reading this blog!

WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU HAPPY IN 2020?

6 comments:

diane stetson said...

That is an easy question. In my old age good health will make me happy and peace among all of us.

Chatty Crone said...

Good health for my family, friends, and me.

SImple and Serene Living said...

Goodness, look at all of your snow. I hope for good health and happiness for my family. xo Laura

Red Rose Alley said...

Your small tree with the colored lights is sooooo pretty. There's just something about the colored lights that gets to me, and I have not been able to switch to the white lights on my Christmas tree each year. It looks like Christmas is lingering on beautifully in your home.

~Sheri

Linda O'Connell said...

Peace, my prayer and hope is for peace. Blessings to you and yours.

Play said...

There are many kinds of tasks that you can do. You can host a product party. Creating a website is another idea. You could even share some samples of your products.
play bazaar
satta king

Related Posts with Thumbnails