Thursday, January 16, 2020

A Gesture of Kindness


It's always good to read about ways to keep positive.

As most of us know, life can be quite daunting at times.


One thing I read was to celebrate moments as well as small gifts that come your way.

One lovely gift received here recently was a big bouquet of deep pink roses and light pink tulips, from my daughter.


The beautiful arrangement was set off by fluffy, white baby's breath.

The flowers remain in the middle of the kitchen table, in a heavy old-fashioned-looking pitcher with a very thick  curved glass handle.



A cherry scented candle burns nearby.


Each time I see those flowers, they do my heart good.  


Roses have to be among the most treasured of God's gifts to us. 

Tulips, too, are so perky and beautiful.



This was a perfect, thoughtful, and generous gift and I am very grateful.

PLEASE TELL US WHAT YOUR ABSOLUTE FAVORITE FLOWER IS.


8 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

Lilac bushes are so fragrant. I love those dangling clusters. Have a good day.

Chatty Crone said...

I like tulips the best.
I am glad you are able to appreciate the joy in your gift.

diane stetson said...

I love all flowers ...do not have a favorite. Your roses and tulips are so pretty. That was very sweet of her to get you those.

SImple and Serene Living said...

What a lovely gift. I love red carnations. xo Laura

Red Rose Alley said...

These roses are so pretty, Susan, and they look so nice on your table. I noticed the heart place mats. I am already getting into Valentine's Day, and have been seeing lots of goodies out there. I love that glass pitcher, and your cherry candle adds a special touch to your table. It all looks so nice. What a wonderful gift from your daughter.

~Sheri

........roses are my absolute favorite flower.

Patti said...

They really are gorgeous...and such a lovely, thoughtful gift. I love all flowers, but my faves are peonies and hydrangeas.

nothoughtsnoprayersnonothing said...

I carried gardenias at my wedding. That has to be my favorite.

BECKY said...

Hi Susan! What gorgeous flowers! You certainly do have a lovely daughter. I don't have a favorite flower...I'd say I love all kinds! Have a great day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails