Saturday, April 25, 2020

Shades of Purple Flowers


Flowers in different shades and variations of purple and lavender just touch the heart.

The richness of the colors is soothing to the eyes.

Crystal and cut glass bowls with stunning designs on them are also gentle to the eyes. 


So when snow fell the other day, and another day of stay-at-home began,  the yearning for spring sprang into life.

Up to the attic I went to retrieve some pretty faux flowers.

The different shades of purple ones landed in the round vase in the middle of the kitchen table. 

A bouquet of lilacs that looks so real you can almost smell them, ended up on a table in the front hallway.

Spring is definitely here, even if the flowers lack the lovely fragrance that usually comes from them.

They lend beauty to the surroundings and bring hope of real flowers blooming as well as better times to come.

We can all keep hope alive while trying to keep safe, right?

Today, try to do something for somebody else. 

It's a sure way to find more peace in one's heart during these difficult times. 

WHAT WAS THE LAST NICE THING SOMEONE DID FOR YOU?

6 comments:

diane stetson said...

I got two dozen beautiful tulips in all different colors from my daughter and they lasted just about two weeks....they were so lovely.

Chatty Crone said...

Those look just as beautiful as real ones - I don't think I could tell - love purple.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I had flowers curb-side delivered from my sister's family last week for my birthday. They were shades of yellow and chartreuse and it was just gorgeous.

Yesterday I received a lovely compliment from a writing buddy that meant a lot to me.

Your purple and pink bouquet look quite lovely in that crystal bowl. You know, I think I have a very similar doily in my possession. I like doilies.

Trust you are well and safe, Susan.

Happy Weekend,
Brenda xox


Red Rose Alley said...

Your Purple flowers look so real sitting there on your table. And I LOVE the color. Not sure if I mentioned to you or not, but Purple is my favorite color. There's just something about it, right? Your crystal vase is lovely as ever. They go so nicely together. It's nice to get our old things from storage once in awhile. It makes our days a little brighter.

~Sheri

*the last thing someone did something for me was.....Nel and Jess helped me order a few things online. : )

SImple and Serene Living said...

WOW, I thought they were real. So pretty. I am waiting for an order from the garden center to be ready so I can take a bunch of flowers over to my daughter to plant on her front porch. She will be quarantined until there is a vaccine. Hopefully they call me today. Stay safe. xo Laura

Linda O'Connell said...

I bought a tray of new purple flowers which will go in the ground tomorrow, if the rain stops.

Related Posts with Thumbnails