Sunday, November 15, 2020

Joy in the Darkness

This is hard to believe, but I've found a way to have a little happiness in these dark times.

 It is decorating the house for Christmas well in advance of even Thanksgiving.


One new addition this year is my late Mom's lighted curio cabinet.  

It has been moved out of the dining room and into a corner of the front hallway.

 In today's post, decorations on only the first shelf are shown.

It holds one of my favorite handsome Santas and a host of sweet little bears in reindeer gear.


I found the latter many, many years ago and the bears/reindeer have been favorites ever since.

 If you are interested, come back other days to see the contents of some of the other shelves.


 

DO YOU LOOK FORWARD TO UNWRAPPING YOUR CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS?

6 comments:

diane stetson said...

Oh those are so cute. I don't have near the decorations that you have. Enjoy unwrapping them and putting them on display for the holidays.

Nellie said...

I love seeing your decorations! It will be after Thanksgiving before I begin to decorate for Christmas.

Red Rose Alley said...

That IS a handsome Santa, Susan. And the bear reindeers are cute. I'd love to see the front of your curio cabinet. I think it's so important that a woman has somewhere to put her favorite trinkets and figurines, etc. And your Mom's curio cabinet sounds special. My china cabinet lights up as well, but I haven't used that feature in a long time. Yes, I'd love to see more. Will be back soon. : )

~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...

ps....so glad this brought you joy, Susan. Putting up Christmas decorations is always uplifting. : )

Babs said...

I adore those little bears....one of the most favorite little decorations ever!!!!!

Linda O'Connell said...

I think you should write a children's story about the bears romping around your house at night. Your grands would love it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails