Sunday, December 27, 2020

Angels, Cards, Flowers , and Love

 

After the flurry of the holidays, it's nice to slow down and contemplate some of the details of the past few weeks.

Despite being unable to have lots of people in for breakfasts, lunches, and teas,  dear friends and loved ones came to the door, bearing gifts.

Two gorgeous floral bouquets were among the love offerings this Christmas.


 

 Also received were beautiful gifts, cards, emails, notes, and phone calls.

 Sitting here at the kitchen table, I am overwhelmed at how so many blessings came to me this changed Christmas,

 It was the first without my beloved husband, He was part of my life for more than 50 years and remains with me close in spirit.

In silence, surrounded by the beauty of Christmas, my heart still fills with immense gratitude at sharing and receiving love throughout this holiday season.   

The message of the Christ child, pure love, freely given, came through loud and clear.

WHAT WAS THE BEST PART OF YOUR OWN CHRISTMAS SEASON THIS YEAR?

5 comments:

diane stetson said...

I got a gorgeous floral Christmas tree from my daughter with roses and carnations and baby's breath that is on my dining room table. I also got a lovely poinsettia plant from a friend. I spent Christmas day at my house with my son and family and grandsons and then we went to his house and had a lovely dinner together and watched the new Wonder Woman movie. I had my bathroom redone with a new vanity, tiled floor and wainscoating by my son so didn't pay for labor....such a wonderful Christmas gift.

amontanalife.blogspot.com said...

I am glad you had a wonderful Christmas! I was very lucky and was able to have my two children with us for the two days. We had quarantined for two weeks and so could gather. We had a lovely time together. Have a Happy New Year my friend. Love, kit

Linda O'Connell said...

Your flowers are gorgeous. We went to our four adult childrens' home on separate days for a brief visit and to drop off presents. It was one of our best Christmases ever. Most fun was having a fake snowball fight with the little guys. A memory that will signify Christmas 2020. Have a great week.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Susan,
I just read a few of your most recent posts and I can not believe that somehow I missed that you lost your husband this year...I am so very sorry to hear that...Your decorations are lovely! I am glad to hear that even though your Christmas was so very different in far too many ways, that you can still see the blessings bestowed upon you....Merry Christmas to you and your family and please stay safe, healthy and happy!!!
Hugs,
Deb

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Susan,
Me again!!
Thanks so much for your condolences...Joe's Mom is no longer suffering...Thanks so much for stopping by again!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Related Posts with Thumbnails