Thursday, December 10, 2020

Fragrant Pomanders

 Have you ever made pomanders?

They are oranges studded with whole cloves and then rolled in spices.

They can be as simple or glitzy as you choose.

I've made dozens of them throughout the years.

Some that are many years old are placed at Christmas in the big old-fashioned crystal punch bowl on the front hall table. 

If I come across some essential oils, the old pomanders will be refreshed.

My pomander tradition has now passed to my daughter's house.

She even puts a candle in the middle of a bowl of pomanders to  enhance the spicy fragrance. 

My granddaughter, age 8, even loves working on them!

HAVE YOU MADE POMANDERS? IF YES, DO YOU SAVE THEM FROM YEAR TO YEAR?

5 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

Oh my gosh this reminds me of when my children attended Sunday School. They made these years ago. They are so fragrant.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Yes, my sister and I made pomanders when we were girls, but I haven't made them in a very long time now. We never saved them from year to year -- I didn't realize I could do that, I guess. I like that you have yours in a crystal bowl in your hallway. How lovely. And the candle in the middle is so fetching.

Wishing you a beautiful day...
Brenda xo

Kit said...

My youngest loves them!! I used to make them but haven't in a few years. Maybe I should make one this weekend. 😊 Kit

diane stetson said...

Never made one but would love to sniff yours....

Red Rose Alley said...

This is a wonderful tradition every Christmas, Susan. I love these, and my Sister used to make these all the time. When I went over there, her kitchen smelled of sweet oranges and spices. I like how your daughter puts a candle in the middle of the bowl - it adds a cozy feel to the table. And how special your granddaughter has been working on them as well. So lovely, Susan.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails