Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Non-Traditional Valentines Are the Pizazz

 Anyone can buy packaged Valentine cards, right?

They come out of printing presses by the thousands.

But homemade Valentines are extra special.

These show that the person giving them took time and effort to make them.

My east coast grands, thanks to their creative Mama, (my daughter),  made Mexican-styled flowers on sticks for Valentine's Day.

Each Valentine has a lollypop wedged in the middle of the flower!

The flower colors sizzle. 

I'll bet anything the non-traditional Valentines are going to be a hit with the kids at school.

WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER ABOUT YOUR CHILDHOOD VALENTINE DAYS?

5 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Fun and colorful. In elementary school we would make folders that we would hang on the back of our chairs like little mailboxes that classmates could place Valentine's cards in. At least that's what I remember though it is a foggy memory. I used to have one of the folders and the valentine's but have absolutely no idea where it might be now. :/

Red Rose Alley said...

Those are so cool and creative, Susan. Your daughter did a lovely job making them. Love all the bright colors and the lollypop idea. Oh, you reminded me to send the grandkids Valentines. I usually get them the traditional ones that we shared in school. Those are my favorite. : )

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

I love sending Valentines cards and getting them. Your daughter did a great job with those creative looking Valentines for the children. I always loved putting together my mailbox at school and decorating it for Valentine's day. We used shoe boxes.

Linda O'Connell said...

What a cute idea. When I taught preschool the parents were very creative.

Laurel Wood said...

Your daughter did a great job. I remember in grade school decorating white bags with red hearts and doilies. We would drop Valentine cards in each bag for our classmates. After forty plus years, I reconnected with a classmate and we sent friendship Valentines this year. We live four states apart now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails