Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Polish Easter Eggs

Colorful, hand-painted wooden Easter eggs from Poland are absolutely stunning.



 Throughout the years, I have collected so many of them.

They are still colorful and beautiful.


 Many times I've wondered who actually painted them in Poland and in what city or town?

Another day, I will show you Ukrainian eggs for Easter that are also truly exquisite individual pieces of art.

The Ukrainian eggs are more delicate and, therefore, more breakable.


 The Polish eggs are in a dish on the kitchen table because they are wooden.

The grands love to hold them while they look at them.


On the other hand, the Ukrainian eggs are actual  eggs, some that have been blown out so are hollow. 

They will probably smash if dropped so they are displayed inside a china hutch.

DO YOU LIKE ETHNIC CRAFTS?

5 comments:

Babs said...

Not particularly! They certainly are a rare art form. I remember years of making sugar eggs. Those were fun!

diane stetson said...

I have Polish eggs that I bought when I was in Poland and they are dislayed on my dining room table for Easter. I lvoe them. I also have real eggs painted by a Korean grandmother that are gorgeous in another basket. I love those too.

Laurel Wood said...

These are so colorful and beautiful. It is nice that your grandchildren can handle these, my mom had a few real egg Christmas ornaments that were so delicate. I hope your weather is nice today. Sunshine and warm temps here. 🐥🐝🌻🌞

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I love seeing your hand painted wooded Polish eggs every year, Susan. They are beautiful, and they look sturdy too. Yes, I like ethnic crafts. I have a place under my china cabinet of all the things that the girls brought me back from their travels in Europe. I want to eventually find a nice place to display them. Your Polish eggs are a work of art. : )

Have a wonderful week, Susan.

~Sheri

SImple and Serene Living said...

I love these, Susan. They are so pretty with their bright colors. xo Laura

Related Posts with Thumbnails