Friday, March 12, 2021

Signs of Glorious Spring

 

It's coming! Spring is coming!

There are surefire signs all over the place. 

The golden light that pours in through the kitchen windows at the end of the day is a joy to see.

 It bathes everything in sight in bright, shimmery gold.

All kinds of spring flowers are available for purchase in supermarkets....daffodils, hyacinths, tulips, and so on, all flowers of the welcome and awe-inspiring season of spring.

 A friend brought me a tall daffodil in water and the little beauty has been making me smile every time I go past the front hall table.

At the bottom of the flower vase is a new Bunny Foo Foo, purchased at a Goodwill thrift store this month.

Isn't she the cutest? 

She has the tiniest little pink flowers around her neck and looks as contented as a kid eating a chocolate bunny.

 Spring, we are waiting for you.

 (Don't you DARE snow again gray sky. Keep all that white stuff in Colorado! ha ha ha)

 WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SIGN OF SPRING?

4 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Hi Susan, such a sweet bunny and pretty Jonquil. Currently, jonquils and quince are blooming in my yard in GA. My late grandma had a large coral colored quince at the corner of her driveway when I was a child. One day my sister and I were riding bikes down the sidewalk and I ended up headfirst in that quince bush! Did not hurt anything but my pride but for all these years, I plant a quince in every yard I have had, you can read more on my two latest blog posts when you have the time. Tell those gray skies to leave!!!!

diane stetson said...

Seeing the first robin in my backyard.

Kit said...

What a cute bunny!! The scent of the earth and all it's growing things. 😊 Kit

Red Rose Alley said...

You know, Susan, went I was at the store the other day I looked at the flowers, and they didn't have that great of a selection. I guess up here in the mountains we're limited haha. But I do want to plant a rose bush someday in the front yard. Your bunny Foo Foo is sweet, and I like how her eyes are closed shut. I chuckled when you said, "don't you dare snow again," as we might get a little snow on Sunday. : )

Have a relaxing weekend.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails