Friday, April 30, 2021

And Then the Rains Came...

 

The rain came down in torrents recently, soaking everything it touched.

It saturated grass and pavement, sidewalks and roads.

It made driving rather unpleasant and obscured vision.

It soaked hair and outfits.

After the deluge, the air smelled sweet and refreshing.

Everything looked clean and sparkling.

Even the dandelions polka-dotting the grass shook their dewy heads in joy.

It is so true that into each life some rain must fall.

We are better for it!

Once the rain passes, just like troubled times, we begin anew and the sun shines down once again.

WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO ON A RAINY DAY?

6 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

Susan, this is a lovely POEM that resonates in so many ways. Your positivity is amazing, your observations astute and your heart, golden.

diane stetson said...

I don't have much rain here and this year we are in a drought. We need it. I am glad I am not in the part of the country that has tornadoes and such storms like that. I like to sit and read and sip a cup of tea when it rains.

Red Rose Alley said...

I always love when it rains because we need it here in California. I rejoice when the rain comes and it's a beautiful sight to me. I love just going outside and letting it fall on me sometimes. : ) So glad you got some rain. It's also nice to stay cozy inside and read or watch tv or enjoy hot drinks and Yummy treats. That photo is beautiful, Susan, with the sun shining through the window on your yellow flowers.

~Sheri

Kit said...

I just love it when it rains! We haven't had much here.Pretty soon I'm going to have to break out the sprinklers.But we're starting to green up here and I am loving it.You have a great weekend.Kit

Laurel Wood said...

I have fond memories of sitting with my grandmother on her porch during summer rains. It is nice to both smell and hear the rain falling.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

What a lovely photo! We don't get much rain. Actually tried to sprinkle a little today but there was dust in the air that wouldn't let it through; then we had crazy wind that was blowing things down and around. Thankfully quiet now. Take care.

Related Posts with Thumbnails