Wednesday, April 28, 2021

New Duds for Tiny Tears

 My late godparents gave me the gift of a Tiny Tears doll when I was about six years old.

As I've blogged here before, my daughter searched and found an exact replica of my beloved Michele.

She was like a gift dropped down from heaven since we had spent so many hundreds of hours together when I was a little child.

To say I was thrilled to see a duplicate Tiny Tears doll is an understatement.

She had a chubby little face and close-cropped dark hair. 

Now, every time I hit a Goodwill thrift shop, it's impossible to refrain from going to the infants racks where darling little outfits can be found.

Just take a look at Michele's new tiny pink rosebud dress.


 

Isn't it adorable?  

DO YOU REMEMBER A FAVORITE TOY FROM CHILDHOOD?

5 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, I'm so glad your daughter found you a Tiny Tears doll. She's so cute, and I really like her new rosebud dress. She has a sweet face, and Yes, chubby cheeks. I had one Barbie doll that was special to me, and I played with a neighbor for hours along with her Barbie's, accessorizing and having so much fun. My Mom made a couple of my Barbie's outfits that I still have to this day. Childhood memories are fun to look back at, aren't they? You find the cutest things at Goodwill. I found a home decor shop in this mountain town, and I can't wait to browse through there sometime. : )

~Sheri

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Such a sweet little dress. Nice that your daughter was able to find a replacement doll. I still have my Baby Beans from when I was 5 years old.

diane stetson said...

So glad you were reunited with your childhood doll. I remember her. I think my favorite thing as a child was the swing set outside the house where I would swing and sing at the top of my lungs all the hits from the show YOUR HIT PARADE.

Linda O'Connell said...

Your sweet baby deserves an entire wardrobe. Dolls were my family when I was little. I would put them to bed and cover them when it stormed.

Laurel Wood said...

How fun to look for infant dresses for your baby doll. I still have Thumbelina from the early 60s. So many treasured memories of her from childhood.

Related Posts with Thumbnails