Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Feeling Gratitude

 

It's so wonderful to be able to feel gratitude for things happening in our lives, isn't it?

Sure, there could be a huge "bad things happening" list as well but who needs it? 



 Easter Sunday turned out to be a true gift.

The sun shone down like shining, melted gold, and the air was cool but pleasant.

My daughter and son-in-law prepared and hosted a truly luscious roast beef dinner with scalloped potatoes and glazed carrots.  

 

The only guest was Grammie!

My contribution was a delicious salad with lemon vinaigrette dressing.

 Dessert was homemade (by one of my sisters) apple pie with cream.  Oh my.

All the photos in this post were snapped before dinner was served.

 I thought the table looked so festive and colorful. What a hostess that girl is! Wowsers.

This was the very first Easter in many decades without my "forever love" but, for sure, he was with us in spirit, cheering us on from the other side of life. He will always be immensely missed.


The kids loved the solid chocolate bunnies I gave them, as well as new sandals, and Easter cards with a few bucks inside each one.

I got to DUO with my sweet out-of-state grands, too, which always brings me joy.

 So, all in all, despite the wretched pandemic and other life problems, Easter was a tremendous blessing and it is great to to be alive.

A heart filled with gratitude helps bring out the best in every day of precious life.

 WHAT WERE YOU MOST GRATEFUL FOR THIS EASTER? 


10 comments:

Kit said...

What a lovely Easter you had!! Gorgeous table and wonderful family. My youngest and I did online church and later they dropped by for a distanced visit. The weather was gorgeous! Next Saturday they will come to the house for a big dinner. We will all be fully vaccinated by then. I can't wait! Kit

SImple and Serene Living said...

Sounds and looks like a wonderful Easter. So happy that you were able to spend it with family. xo Laura

Red Rose Alley said...

Everything looks so nice, Susan, and I love all the blue on the table. The food looks delicious and all the goodies. I saw the granddaughters through Zoom on Easter, which I was so thankful for. And when you mentioned, Grammie," I smiled, as that's what my little Mia calls me. Your daughter did a wonderful job with everything. Yes, we have much to be thankful for, dear friend.

~Sheri

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

What a lovely Easter spread -- it all looks festive. So glad you got a chance to be together with loved ones. We couldn't be with family due to covid, but we were grateful to celebrate that 'He is alive'.

Wishing you comfort and joy....
Brenda xi

diane stetson said...

I went to church for the first time in many months...outside Mass but wonderful ..Then I had a delicious dinner at my son's house. My daughter in law did a super job with a hot lava cake for dessert. My grandsons all came and gave me a huge hug as now I'M VACCINATED. It was so great to get them as I haven't had one in many months. So grateful.

Laurel Wood said...

Such a lovely Easter you shared with your family but I know you missed your dear husband so much. The table and the food look wonderful. So sweet to enjoy time with your grands. Have a lovely day.🌷

Nellie said...

What a lovely Easter! Those “firsts” without are difficult, so I’ve been told. I send you special hugs as you continue on your journey. We’re thankful for our good health and love of family!

Red Rose Alley said...

Thank you, Susan, for noticing the Header. It was pretty simple to do because the font was already on there when Nel did that awhile ago. I still have to learn the font part, but it will all come in time. Have a sweet day.

~Sheri

Linda O'Connell said...

So happy to hear you were able to celebrate with family. We went to grandson's farm in afternoon. Can't wait our first big family barbeque.

Anne Robinson said...

SO happy to read this. What a dleightful story you tell. Yes, I have tried to make the best of the worse and difficult times. Better to smile and enjoy the things we loved and the people who bring us the greatest joys. Your sweet hubby is shining down and smiling at you. HUGS '

Related Posts with Thumbnails