Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Memories from Times Passed

 Once, my beloved late hubs and I drove to a wonderful flea market in Vermont. 

Both of us loved looking over flea market treasures.

As luck would have it, there was, for sale, a cross with an angel carved into it that was, actually, a fountain piece.

It was so attractive and the price was not too high so it came home with us.

Unfortunately, hubs never had time to hook it up as a fountain so this past weekend, the marble-like cross was left in the corner of the yard that serves as Honey Cat's resting ground.  

 Honey Cat, a cherished pet who lived to age 18, has been gone many years now but the love for her in my heart is still there.

There's a mirror in that area, too, and a plant of pretty pink wisteria.

Ahhhhh, the memories in that little corner of the yard bring smiles as well as tears.

DO YOU HAVE A YARD TO KEEP UP? IF YES, WHAT IS ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT IT?


3 comments:

diane stetson said...

I don't work much in my yard but I have lots of memories. Lovely statue and I love the fact you made a resting place for your cat.

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, I have a yard to keep up, and Oh my, that's all I've been doing lately haha. I've been raking up leaves and pine needles, planting mini roses, and just making things look nicer. It's a lot of work, but I love it, Susan, and feel so blessed to have a house to take care of. Your little angel is sweet, and the wisteria is really pretty. I've been looking for garden statues and can't seem to find many in the mountains. I might have to order one. That's one of the things I love about your yard, so many statues. : )

~Sheri

Laurel Wood said...

The cross with angel is so pretty. I love this corner of your yard. So special to have had a cat that lived a long life. I had a cat that lived to be 15. Sending hugs and prayers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails