Thursday, July 15, 2021

Touches of Whimsy

The messy, cluttered room that is my home office has been on the "to do" list for a long time.

Perhaps the mounds of papers and mini-hills of booklets, magazines, greeting cards, mail, bills, and on and on are what make the task of organizing appear quite daunting.


However, there are also touches of whimsy in the office that make me smile when I venture through the paper maze (jungle?)  to sit at my desk.

This office will be organized and de-cluttered by the end of September.

That's a reasonable time period, right?

In the meantime, I enjoy the little things that have been collected and displayed throughout the years.

HOW DO YOU MANAGE TO DE-CLUTTER SUCCESSFULLY?

3 comments:

Nellie said...

De-clutter? Is that an actual term? It seems to be an ever on-going process at our house! Why are we such paper collectors? Why isn’t it simple to make an immediate decision about the things that wind up in that pile(s) that needs “de-cluttering?” Good that you have things that bring you joy amid it all!

diane stetson said...

Oh my I have a tone of decluttering to do in my garage. I just do it slowly. I found a darling picture frame containing tons of photos of my daughter when she was small. I never even knew it existed.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Susan, I really didn't have a choice. I had to de-clutter and organize when I downsized about 7 years ago. And once you do, it's much easier to get rid of things that you don't want any more. It wasn't that hard for me honestly because I don't like clutter, and only have a few unique and favorite items around my house. Things that are one of a kind that make me happy when I see them. I'm pretty good at organizing also. When my parents passed away, I was the one who went through things fast and either kept or gave away. My brother did this also. I know it can be overwhelming, but if it gets that way, maybe you can do one room or section at a time. Just keep the things that make you happy. Whenever I give items away, I treat myself to one new item. That's always fun. I hope the clearing out process is productive, and hang in there, dear Susan.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails