Monday, August 9, 2021

A Nice Way to Eat Your Veggies

 


 A very dear friend, Christina, who is a self-taught gourmet cook-of-sorts, offered me a dish she made and it was totally delicious.

It tastes very much like quiche. 

She says she mixes together a couple cups of shredded cheese, chopped green and red peppers, sliced onions,an egg, some dried tomatoes, and anything else you want to add.

 The mixture can be poured into a pie crust or a pan sans crust. However, I pour it into a pie shell because I love the crust.

Christina then adds some basil pesto to the top. 

It comes in a lidded plastic container in a refrigerated part of the super.

She bakes it for about an hour in a 350 degree oven.

Oh man alive, it is luscious both hot and cold, the latter straight from the fridgie.

 So, on the last trip to the  supermarket, I picked up some basil pesto, came home, and went to town on the quiche.

I also added sliced zucchini, in addition to the peppers, onions, cheese, tomatoes, egg, and pesto.

So so so so yummy.

DO YOU LIKE QUICHE?

3 comments:

diane stetson said...

Not a fan of quiche as it has cheese in it...not a fan of pesto of any kind...so sorry. Glad you enjoyed it. I would like the veggies though.

Linda O'Connell said...

that looks delicious. I love quiche but not the taste pf pesto. A friend made mini quiches for a get together, and they were yummy.

Red Rose Alley said...

DELICIOUS! Great idea to add the zucchini. I've had asparagus quiche before. : )

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails