Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Little Slices of LIfe


 Small paintings from different countries and cultures never fail to attract.

There are quite a few of them around here, mostly picked up at thrift shops or yard sales.

The painting above looks like it's from somewhere in South America.

This one, below, could be from somewhere in Central America.

I always like to think about who painted a canvas, how old she or he was, and what the painter wanted to convey.

DO YOU HAVE ANY PAINTINGS IN YOUR SPACE?  WHAT ARE YOUR FAVES?


2 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

That last painting really spoke to me with the flowers and the yellow painted house. It's really nice. Yes, I used to have several paintings, but with all the moves, they were given away. But I did keep one, and that is my Thomas Kinkade painting. His cottages always warm my heart. It's nice that you have so many paintings to look at, Susan. I've been wanting to get more art for the walls.

Have a sweet day.

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

I have a painting from New Zealand that my son brought me when he was there and it's in the living room. It's a scene from the movie LORD OF THE RINGS which was filmed there. I love it. It depicts the beautiful landscape of New Zealand's mountains.

Related Posts with Thumbnails