Monday, August 16, 2021

Rosy Treasure at the Super

At the supermarket this week, they had gorgeous roses for $3.99.

It was a different super than the one  where I usually shop. 



The roses were the kind that have lots of swirls in the middle and look like they are dripping in luxury.

Since there was a set, limited amount of money to spend, the roses were saved for last on the conveyor belt.



 If there was enough to buy them, they'd come home with me. 

If not, they'd be returned to the entrance of the store.

Yippah! There was enough with change to spare!

When we got home, God's gift of  roses got placed in my favorite round transparent crystal vase with the little crystal feet.

My high school girlfriend, Patti, who went to heaven this year, had given it to me.

The late afternoon sun poured down on the vase and oh, it lit up the already gorgeous pink roses.

There were some heavenly moments before the sun went down.

WHAT WAS THE LAST NICE THING YOU DID FOR YOURSELF?

 


 

2 comments:

diane stetson said...

Very pretty roses. The last thing I did for myself was attend a Four Freshmen concert on the palm terrace patio of a hotel. Oh it was splendorous. I was so happy I went.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, you made me chuckle, Susan, talking about the roses and how they might go back on the conveyor belt, because this last week I did the same thing. After going shopping at the grocery store, there was a couple items and I said to myself, "do I really need them?" and one of them went back, but I got the other one, mint chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches, and were they ever good. These roses are so pretty, and they really were meant for you, since you love Pink so much. What a sweet gift, so glad you bought them for yourself.

We are truly alike, you and me.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails