Saturday, October 9, 2021

Candy Heaven

Almost every kid's dream of being in a magical candy store can come true by going on a visit to the NORAD Toy and Candy Company.

It's located in a former woolen mill in North Adams, a town in western Massachusetts.


One step into the store and even big kids' eyes become huge when they spot dozens upon dozens of huge glass jars stuffed to the tops with every candy imaginable.

There are toys there, too, and some would make perfect Christmas gifts.




There are dolls, kaleidoscopes, popular "building blocks,"  mini-cars, and on and on.

The historic NORAD Mill on 60 Roberts Drive has been renovated and turned into offices, businesses,  restaurants, unique storefronts, and so forth.

What a perfect solution for what could have been an abandoned building from times passed. 

Rather than select candies for the kids, people within driving distance can give very unique gifts to the kids.  Give each one a $5 (or more) bill and take them to the Norad Toy and Candy Company so they can select candies of their choice.

No kid would ever forget that gift!

 By the way, history buffs might like to know that the mill was built in 1863 by Sanford Backinton for the production of woolen goods used during the Civil War, according to online written accounts.  


 Stay tuned and come back to visit again. 

We will show you more photos of things inside the store as well as the scary Halloween table!

WHAT IS YOUR OWN ABSOLUTE FAVORITE CANDY?


4 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Wow, this is a child's magical place! So many different kinds of candy! I think I would want to stay in there for a long time myself haha. I like the
history part of it too, as the 1800's really speak to me. What a great place to find toys for the kids at Christmastime. Kids always love the Kaleidoscopes. I look forward to seeing more of the candy store on one of your next posts, Susan.

~Sheri

*my favorite candy is SEE'S!! We don't have one here in the mountains, but
Jess ordered me some and delivered me a box through the mail, and I savored
every piece. : )

diane stetson said...

My favorite kind of candy is anything with dark chocolate and mint...like Andre's mints or York peppermint patties. I love dark chocolate too. We have a similar candy store like that one that you wrote about today in Laguna Beach. I love to take visiting children there.

Linda O'Connell said...

This place is an amazing kids paradise, and the history of the building adds to the ambience.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

What a fun place to visit - it's got absolutely everything. A child's paradise, to be sure.

You asked about my favourites ... As a girl, I used to like candy korn, jawbreakers, and candy necklaces. I loved those chicken bones - pink, cinnamony candies with the bittersweet chocolate filling. The molasses taffy pulls were my favourite at Halloween.

You always ask the most fun questions, Susan. Hope you are well.
Brenda xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails