Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Decking the Halls in Advance...

 There was a time when decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving seemed like a huge mistake.

My own opinion on this has changed.

 Because of an intense love of Christmas, as well as an appreciation for how much work is involved in decking the halls, early decorating now seems okay.

My daughter and son's families seem to feel the same way. 


It gives time to stretch out this beautiful season and make it last longer.

 

Going out to dinner with a friend the other night, the restaurant we went to was decked to the gills in white lights.

They looked soooooo pretty.  Even the outside patio was gilded with sparking lights.

It all made me itch to get up into the attic, bring down boxes of baubles, and decorate my own house!

 WHAT ARE YOU UP TO THIS THANKSGIVING?

4 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, we are all decorating early for Christmas this year, Susan. It will give us more time to gaze and appreciate all the beauty that comes during this wonderful season.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, dear friend.

~Sheri

Jeanette said...

I think we all need that little extra cheer that Christmas decorations bring! Happy Holidays to you and yours!

diane stetson said...

Oh my I do not have anything up for Christmas yet...but I will start after Thanksgiving is over. The restaurant looks lovely. So happy you had a nice meal there with a dear friend.

Linda O'Connell said...

I am going to start on the weekend and flip on the lights Friday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails