Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Goodness! Gulls Without the Sea

Who would have dreamed there could be gulls who live nowhere near the sea?

Well, there's a town nearby where a flock of gulls, dozens upon dozens of them, frequent a shopping strip parking lot!

 Checking for gull information online, I learned that many times gulls pick parking lots because 1)  they are close to food sources and 2) they offer plenty of space.  Check.  Didn't previously know that.

The gulls shown in today's post are near a fast food place whose name starts with the letter "M."

 

Oh dear.  Are these unhealthy gulls, consuming tons of fast food seven days a week?  Maybe.

Don't they freeze their little gull booties when the beak-freezing weather arrives?  Also, maybe.

Holy moly.  

Maybe I'll pack a baggie filled with sliced carrots the next time I go near that parking lot. 

DO GULLS EAT CARROTS?

3 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

I was surprised to see sea gukss as far North from the Gulf of Mexico as our town in the midwest. They ride the barges upstream. I read somewhere birds have an antifreeze like substamce in their feet to protect them from freezing.

diane stetson said...

I've only seen gulls near the ocean where I live. Lucky you.

Red Rose Alley said...

So many lovely Seagulls! What a sight that must have been for you. I used to see many of them at the Target parking lot when I went shopping, and it would make me smile. They really are pretty birds, aren't they?

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails