Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Beautiful Basil

 A perky basil plant came home with me the other day.

It looked so healthy and smelled wonderfully.

A basil/mozzarella/tomato salad flashed through my brain as I stood outside the food warehouse.

 

Basil plants for sale sat on shelves along with a startling array of colored spring flowers.

Into the cart the little basil plant hopped. 

 

It was very inexpensive, too.

 

 Sure enough, once inside the warehouse, I picked up bright red grape tomatoes and little packets of yummy mozzarella cheese.

Once home, the tomatoes got washed and sliced, the basil was chopped, and the cheese got cut into little chunks.

They were all arranged together on a plate.

Then, balsamic vinegar and olive oil got sprinkled on top of the salad ingredients and gave the fresh salad the finishing touch.

DEE-LISH!

DO YOU LIKE THE TASTE OF BASIL? 


3 comments:

diane stetson said...

Sorry but I really do NOT like the taste of basil. Enjoy your plant.

Linda O'Connell said...

Nothing like a fresh salad. used to love to pick fresh tomatoes for BLTs. I do not like the taste of basil.

Anne Robinson said...

I love the salad! Y U M ! I have a small basil plant too. Love the scent. That's a great salad too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails