Thursday, June 9, 2022

Doll Babies Are One of Life's Pleasures

 All of my life, I have loved dolls.

Even as a very young little girl, there was rarely a photo taken of me without a doll in my arms.

Now, in the last part of life, dolls still bring me great pleasure and joy.

 So, from time to time, I will share some of my faves.

Sadly, I am beginning to downsize and some of the beauties have already departed. More will be doing so in the near future.

The doll in this post is Rapunzel.  

 Remember in the story how long her hair was?

This dolly is sooooo pretty. 

 Looking at her just makes me smile.

She sits in the corner of a couch in the living room with lacy pillows at her feet.



 Think I'll keep this one because she is my sweet Rapunzel.

DO YOU LIKE DOLLS? IF YES, DO YOU HAVE A FAVE? CAN YOU SHARE HER WITH US?

3 comments:

Nancy's Notes said...

Awww, sweet Rapunzel. I do think she has a special place in your heart! I'm sure you love them all.
I have always loved dolls! I will admit to playing with my brother's boy toys since I was an only girl. I love all dolls. Shirley Temple, Betsy Wetsey, Ballerina dolls any a new baby doll made my heart happy! I also loved paper dolls!

Sweet post, Susan!

Nancy
xo

diane stetson said...

Very pretty doll. I only have one doll....a Polish one that I brought back with me when I visited there in 2001. She sits on my guest bedroom bed in her native costume. Good luck downsizing your extensive doll collection.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your doll, Rapunzel, is darling, Susan. She has a sweet face with pearls gracing her long blonde hair. Her green dress is regal with so much detail. I can see why you wanted to keep her. A blog friend from France sent me a doll that she hand made, and I liked her so such cause she looks like me. She is sitting on my cabinet, and she's probably my favorite at the time. : )

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails