Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Rose Arbor for the Back Yard

One Father's Day, the gift to my late husband from our two adult children and myself was a rose arbor.

It was a slightly selfish gift since, to be honest, I really wanted a rose arbor for the yard.

The three of us chipped in to purchase it.

My daughter and SIL put it together while I watched from the back stairs "grandstand." 

It was terribly exciting to see it coming together.  

 They put it into the ground, I added lights, and then we planted flowers on either side.

That first year, we had big blue, showy morning glories. Then came clematis. Throughout the years, we tried all kinds of flowers.

 

This year, beautiful deep cranberry-colored peonies are blooming near the rose arbor.

My late husband must have planted them.

He'd be happy to see how attractive they look.

 The rose arbor has been around several years now and it's loved today just as much or more as the day it was put together and placed in the ground.

Certainly, if you love something and want it for your home, get it, even if it straps you financially. 

It will be worth the sacrifice you have to make.

 HAVE YOU EVER HAD A ROSE ARBOR IN YOUR YARD?

4 comments:

diane stetson said...

Very pretty Susan. I love peonies and the colors are gorgerous.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your rose arbor is lovely, Susan, and I think I've seen it in your back yard before. The peonies must look so pretty planted next to it. What a vibrant color. I like how you put a string of lights around the arbor. It adds a special touch. I'd love to visit with you in your back yard and have a cup of coffee or tea and catch up. We do love so many of the same things, don't we? This rose arbor is a dear reminder for you of your husband and a special gift given on Father's Day.

~Sheri

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Your rose arbor is lovely. How special to have the peonies coming up - they are beautiful.

And yes, we had a rose arbor some years ago. I loved it and climbing roses would climb over it. We changed some things in the backyard recently and hubby took the arbor down. I'm thinking it's time to replace it.

Wishing you a beautiful first day of summer, Susan!
Brenda xo

Nellie said...

Oh, I would love to have an arbor like this! We have the perfect spot for it! I love your flowers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails