Friday, July 29, 2022

Bathroom Beauty

 


This is not a story about a beautiful woman in the bathroom.

Nope. Sorry to disappoint anyone.

Instead, it's the story of a lovely and very funky bathroom window piece that was fashioned by two different artists.

 My sister, Barb, did the stained glass bottom window when we moved into this house 18 years ago.

My daughter, Gabriela, fashioned the colored glass top of the window that I always loved.

In the upcoming, utterly tumultuous move from my home to an apartment, I can take only the stained glass piece.

That makes me sad and happy at the same time. Happy I can have the stained glass piece, sad that the top part of the window is not moveable.

Trust me, moving from a well-loved house is NOT FUN.

It is so hard to say goodbye to so many hundreds of things but there is no choice but to do it.


 

WHAT IS ONE ITEM YOU WOULD MISS FROM YOUR OWN SPACE IF YOU HAD TO MOVE?

3 comments:

diane stetson said...

I guess the thing I would miss the most is my fireplace. I don't use it too much but I love the look of it.

Red Rose Alley said...

The stained glass window is so pretty, and the purple colors got to me right away, as that's my favorite color. I'm so glad you can take that with you. Sorry you can't take the other piece. They both are so artistic.

I would miss the tub basin in the laundry room. I've always had laundry rooms, but my brother installed a new basin, and it's been really nice during this virus time to just come home and clean items there after out shopping. : )

Hang in there, Susan. You're doing good. You are deciding what's special for you to keep, and what can go, putting in piles and organizing, and giving away. It's not an easy thing, and you're doing great.

~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...

ooooops, it's not a tub, it's a white basin laundry sink with drain. ; ) It really comes in handy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails