Monday, July 25, 2022

And the Beat Goes On...



It's quite hard to downsize.

When a person is a collector of many things, it's even harder.

Right now, downsizing is taking place as a major life change moves forward with the intensity of a hurricane.

I am in the process of moving, after 18 years in this house.

It's so hard to retain some things and let go of others. Hard, hard, hard.

The Russian nesting dolls in this blog made the cut. 


They are coming with me.

So is the pretty pink dish.


Sometimes it's overwhelming thinking about what has to be left behind. 

It's a feeling of great loss but I'll get through it just as others have done before me.

HAVE YOU HAD TO DOWNSIZE IN ORDER TO MOVE ON? 

5 comments:

Terra said...

I like the pink bowl and Russian dolls you chose to keep. I have not moved in more than 30 years, but I do keep culling my possessions, I feel lighter when I donate and / or throw out things.

diane stetson said...

I have not moved in forty-two years and the thought of it just overwhelms me. I hope I do not move for a very long time. Good luck parting with your treasures.

Red Rose Alley said...

I'm glad the Russian dolls are coming with you - the big one is so pretty. Looks like there's a story painted on her body. She has a sweet face too. That pretty pink dish looks just like you. You're doing a great job downsizing, Susan. You must be pleased with yourself. Yes, I have downsized so much that I don't really have anything left to give away. All the stuff in my house are treasures that I have to keep for one reason or another. ; )

~Sheri

Linda O'Connell said...

It has to be difficult for you, but I agree, those are keepers.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Nine years ago I moved from a big house to a small duplex and had to downsize so much. Now I've accumulated much more than I need to and it's time to downsize again. So hard when you are a collector of things. I too tried to only keep the things I loved the most. I've found as the years go by that changes also. Good Luck.

Related Posts with Thumbnails