Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Bless Our Home


Several years ago, I bought a very delicate lacy hanging.

Its message is what resonated with me then and now.

It reads, "Bless Our Home."

Oh, and yes, there is a home intertwined in the lacy front, too.

 It's amazing how someone did that in lace.

Luckily,  God really did bless our home throughout the 18 years we  lived here.

My personal belief is that if, for any reason, I ever lose my faith in and service to God, then I have lost everything.

All the material goods in the world cannot make up for keeping close and serving the Creator who made us and loves us more than we could ever even imagine.

This life, so transitory and as delicate as a soap bubble, is extremely short.  

My belief is that the next life, on the other side, is forever. 

Those are my thoughts as the lacy hanging gets delicately washed and dried. 

My hope today is that your home will be blessed, too!

 WHAT IS A MESSAGE THAT RESONATES WITH YOU?


 

4 comments:

diane stetson said...

More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of....a quote Mom used to say all the time. Very pretty lace you have there.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I have one like that hanging on the outside of my bathroom door. Have a blessed day.

Red Rose Alley said...

Such lovely and true words, Susan. I really like your lace hanging, and Yes, how they put the house in there is really something. I imagine this will be going with you. I love anything that has the home on it. You will be starting out in your new home and making it as charming as can be with all your sweet and dear things from the past. Your home will soon say, "welcome" because it will be filled with love, cause you live in it!

~Sheri

Linda O'Connell said...

So many people lay up their treasures in earth, but as you say, it is the afterlife we should plan for.

Related Posts with Thumbnails