Saturday, August 20, 2022

Love It or Leave It, But Please, Don't Leave It....

Some household decorative but useful items that are brought into our homes stay for many years and even come with us when we move.

Such is the case with a very Victorian-looking pink lampshade on a brass table lamp.

It's even got a fancy doodad on top!

 From the moment this lamp and pretty shade were seen, it was love.

The tassels that hang down around all the edges of the shade wiggle slightly when work on the computer keyboard begins.

The pink shade has a delicate pattern on its surface.

 It's just, well, as pretty as can be and gives a pink glow to any room where it's lighted.

For those of you who read this blog regularly, you know I'm in the excruciating process of leaving my home of 18 years for an apartment.

 Many dozens of things have to go because there's not enough room in the much smaller apartment for all the material goods plus myself.

But pink Victorian lampshade and lamp are going to stay!

WHAT WOULD BE ONE THING IN YOUR SPACE YOU'D NEVER PART WITH IF YOU HAVE TO MOVE?

5 comments:

diane stetson said...

I would never part with two beautiful photos done by a professional photographer of my kids at age two. I love those and would take them anywhere I go.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Susan, I remember this lamp well, and I'm glad you're taking it with you because it's so pretty with the pink and the tassels, and you don't see these Victorian lamps anymore. I know it's one of your favorites. I've always liked it too! It's the perfect size to fit on a computer table or nightstand. It really is a unique piece.

~Sheri

*I think it would be my china cabinet that I wouldn't want to part with. I almost had to let it go, cause it's pretty big, but somehow I found a way to bring it with me with all the moves.

I'm glad you're keeping the things that mean a lot to you and bring you joy.

~Sheri

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Not sure that there's any one thing that I need but definitely would want to take old photographs and photo albums with me. That's one job on my list of tasks to accomplish -- organizing all the printed photos and getting rid of all the blurry ones or those that have people in them I don't even remember (or possibly don't care to remember :)

Linda O'Connell said...

That lampis too pretty to part with. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this downsizing.

Nellie said...

Oh, that’s a difficult one! There are several furniture pieces that belonged to my grandmother and mother. I’m thinking of you as you go through this difficult process.

Related Posts with Thumbnails