Saturday, August 6, 2022

WHO KNOWS???

                (Owl made by my friend, Gisele)

 Who knows when this blasted summer heatwave is going to subside?

It is, after all, the middle of summer.

 If the beach were close by, it would be one thing.

But to be purging, then moving, 45 years worth of accumulation from a house to an apartment, is NOT FUN.

The big fan is whirling in the kitchen. 

The air-conditioner is cooling off the living room.

Thoughts of the electric bill are less than pleasant.

Hope all of you who are experiencing this sticky, hot weather have a good weekend in spite of it!

WHAT DO YOU DO TO KEEP COOL?

2 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

It's been pretty warm, but it's supposed to get cooler next week. Thankfully, my brother installed an a/c unit, but it cools the house too much at times, so I try not to use it that much. Yes, I always think of the utility bill. It must be so hard right now for you with the heat and going through items to give away. Hang in there, Susan. Have a pleasant weekend.

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

I have central air but have not had to turn it on much where I live. I do live near the ocean but haven't even been there this summer. It's pleasant in the house with just a couple fans on. My utility bill hasn't gone up much yet but the months of September and even into October will be hot here as usual and then my bill will skyrocket as I like to be comfortable. Good luck with your move this weekend and all that has to do with it. Go to swim whenever you can.

Related Posts with Thumbnails