Monday, September 12, 2022

Food for the Soul

 


We all know that balanced meals are food for the body.

Most of us have heard the expression that flowers are "food for the soul."

It's true, too. 

Flowers lift our spirits and make us smile.

 One of my sisters gifted me with a lovely fall flower bouquet.

 I have just moved into an apartment for the first time since my twenties and that is a long, long time ago.

So amid the jumbled sea of boxes, bags, and plastic bins, the lovely bouquet of flowers is a highlight of the dining room.

By some miracle, the fall tray surfaced from the debris and the flowers sit on top of it.

 There's a fall tablecloth, too.  Yippah!  Things are coming together.

HAVE YOU EVER BOUGHT FLOWERS AT A FARMERS' MARKET? 


2 comments:

diane stetson said...

Lovely fall flowers Susan. Happy you got them. If I ever buy flowers I get them at Trader Joe's. They have a huge variety and are not expensive at all.

Terra said...

Those flowers capture the essence of fall. Your question reminds me to go to the nearby farmers market and buy a bouquet.

Related Posts with Thumbnails