Thursday, September 15, 2022

Life Changes Are Rarely Easy


Changes are hard.

Even small changes in our routines can be challenging.

Big changes, like moving from a home of many years to an apartment, can seem catastrophic. 

That's where my life is at these days.

A mountain of still packed bags, boxes, and plastic totes still clutter half of what will be the living room of an apartment.

Hopefully, today, the tray of silverware will be found.

 It's been challenging eating from plastic forks and spoons!


 An aspect about moving is one can dump objects that one  no longer finds attractive and retain those that do.

The pink lamp in the bedroom is a fave. It's nice to have it on at dawn as well as at bedtime. 

To add to the atmosphere in the old house, stargazer lilies were bought and placed on the kitchen table.

 Their fragrance and presence there have been soothing and every time I go back to the house, they make me happy.

So, on the next visit, they are coming back with me to the apartment.

 

As always, surrounding ourselves with things that make us smile is important and a bouquet of fragrant flowers is one of them.

WHAT IS ONE THING THAT ALWAYS CONTRIBUTES TO YOUR HAPPINESS?

3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

The lilies are so pretty. I can see why you want to bring them to your new home, Susan. Little by little, you will get to that mountain of packed bags and boxes. It takes time, and I feel I'm still organizing, and it's been a year and a half. I hope you find the silverware soon, that's a crucial item, isn't it?

Hang in there, my dear. Surround yourself with things that make you happy. It sounds like you are doing that already. Candles always give the house a cozy feeling, so I get plenty of those, and I love holiday stuff. : )

~Sheri

Terra said...

Those are gorgeous star gazer lilies and I think they are helping your mood as you pack and move and unpack. One thing that always lifts my spirit is attending church, the happy glow remains with me all day. And of course walking with my dog Bounce, he wants me to add!

diane stetson said...

Your new place will be looking spiffy soon and you will find many of your treasures will help you feel at home after you unpack them. I find happiness in the sunshine and cooler temps these days where I live. Singing always brings me joy and our choir is back from summer vacation. YAY

Related Posts with Thumbnails