Friday, October 7, 2022

The Rocking Chair

 Rocking chairs make wonderful porch additions.

Everyone would love to sit in a rocking chair and rock the night (or day) away, if there were time, right?

 Little babies love the gentle movement of a rocking chair, while cradled in loving arms,  and so do toddlers.

Once kids hit a certain age, they want to rock in the chairs by themselves and still have fun.

There was a rocking chair on our side porch.  

Its cushions were made by my maternal Grandmother and I've always loved them. 

Of course, I also loved her.

One of my sisters wanted the chair and it brought happiness to keep it in the family.

It was like parting with a dear and loving friend.

But that friend now has a new home and a new owner.

Change is good, right?

WHAT IS ONE ITEM IN YOUR HOUSE YOU'D HAVE DIFFICULTY GIVING UP?

2 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Susan, I love this rocking chair. In fact, I just mentioned on my post that I saw some white rocking chairs I want to get for my front porch. This one looks nice and sturdy, and I'm glad it found a home with your dear sister. There's just something about a rocking chair. We can sit and pray, think, dream, read, and just be still. What a wonderful present you gave your sister. You are such a dear person.

~Sheri

TARYTERRE said...

I'm just getting back to commenting. Hubby has been sick and miserable. He's having surgery in nov/dec to put stents in his legs. What a charming story and sweet rocker. Keeping it in the family was the right decision. Change CAN be good. Not always perfect, though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails