Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Fragrant Splendor

Last week on an excursion to Trader Joe's, located an hour away, one of the first things seen inside the door were hyacinths growing in water.

One could see the stringy white roots bobbing along.

 Hyacinths are among my very favorite flowers.

Their fragrance is soul-squeezing.

When the blossoms are pink, they become an almost perfect flower.

Luckily, the hyacinth that came home with me that day happened to be pink!


The pink shade of the blossoms guarantees a smile.

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT HYACINTHS?  DO YOU KNOW HOW THEY GOT THEIR NAMES?

 


2 comments:

diane stetson said...

I love those kinds of flowers but do not know much about them. They are very pretty. I know you love pink.

My Tata's Cottage said...

I LOVE DOLLS! I need to change some out. I had my American Girl dolls out for most of last year so I put them away for the holidays. Now I miss them so I need to go search my collection. I have a few beauties like your little girl here. So precious. The flowers are pretty too especially this time of year. I hope all is well with you. Share your dolls, I will come visit them with you. HUGS across the miles

Related Posts with Thumbnails