Saturday, April 29, 2023

Bye Bye Birds, Boughs, and Branches

 

Trees can feel like friends.

They give us different kinds of gifts like comfort and shade.

Deep within their branches birds take shelter and call it home.

Whenever a tree gets cut down, it pierces my heart.

It takes such a long time to grow a big, beautiful babe of a tree and such a short time to demolish it.

 Recently,  a loud noise filled the place where I was staying. 

It was some kind of a chopping machine, devouring tons of branches from two trees being cut down. 

There was a guy up at the top of one of the trees, doing his job of whacking the branches off.

Oh, woe to the gentle trees that served so well for so long.

Perhaps they were sick and just couldn't continue to live (but they didn't look that sick.) 

Life, at times, can be quite disappointing.

DOES SEEING TREES BEING CHOPPED DOWN BOTHER YOU?

5 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

I just had a tree cut down in my front yard. The electric company went around the neighborhood to see what trees had to go, and this one did. It wasn't doing too good they said, so it had to go. I didn't mind this one being cut down, cause it was close to my front porch, and the squirrels always seemed to be climbing up and down it. But yes, it does upset me when beautiful trees need to be cut down, especially when they are old and have been around for so many years. Also, some trees need to be cut down around here, cause they are too close to the power lines. You're right, Susan, trees can feel like friends, and provide so much shade and comfort.

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

I had words with a neighbor who wanted me to cut two trees down in my front yard. I said absolutely not and had them trimmed instead.
I love my trees and won't budge at all on this matter.

Linda O'Connell said...

It truly is upsetting to upset the birds.

Terra said...

Yes, it makes me sad to see old trees cut down. My recent blog post shows my neighbor's old sick tree which fell this month in violent winds, so it was removed. It will be missed and I hope they replace it with more trees. Trees are truly blessings.

Anne Robinson said...

We live in a house where we had to remove two trees. The beautiful choke cherry tree due to water line woes. Then a big cottonwood, that was diseased. Another tree was planted improperly and some of it fell on my daughters car years ago. It came out because it was dying and whoever planted it had zero knowledge of trees. Now we have four over 60 year old pine trees. They spew those awful pine needles everywhere and they are so painful to step on. I think the man who planted most of these did not realize the cost that would be involved to future homeowners to remove them. For these type of trees it is at least $5000 a piece. We just can not afford that. I love trees but I do not think any home should have more a few. The whole neighborhood has trees everywhere and the cost to remove them when they are dieased and too old to withstand the elements is very sad. My parents had two gorgeous spruce trees in our front yard. The people who bought my childhood home literally destroyed everything. My father pruning and shaped those trees they were perfect. It was sad to see how those people destroyed the beauty that was once my childhood home. If you own land it is great., My cousin, who is a pastor lives on a farm and they have been planting fruit trees every year. Oh I wish I had those instead.Sigh.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails